5/20/08

I'd rather see one, than eat one

This was in our CSA box this week:



I have mixed feelings about the CSA experience. For ten bucks a week, we get a box of fresh, organic fruits and veggies, grown on a farm just down the road from us. I love that we're supporting a local farmer. I love that the produce is grown without pesticides. I love the strawberries we've gotten, and the cucumbers, and the specialty lettuces, and the tomatoes, and the broccoli.

I do not, however, love the cabbage. Or the kale. Or the zucchini. Or the onions (because I don't like onions).

I do love how this cauliflower looks. I didn't know that cauliflower could be purple, much less such a vivid, gorgeous shade of purple.

But I have absolutely no desire to eat it.

2 comments:

MomofK9s said...

Gosh it is beautiful! I think you can saute kale and it is supposed to be good?

aimee said...

I love kale. Try making a pesto out of it (with basil and lots of oil and cheese) or puree it in your food processor and add it to pasta sauce. That way you don't taste it but don't waste it either.

I don't know what to do with purple cauliflower.