5/12/10

Catching up

Mallory had (made? received? took?) her first communion last Saturday. She was happy and proud and beautiful:



She got presents (in this case, my old charm bracelet, with new charms from Grandmom and Aunt Jana and Auntie Mimi):



And she got cake!



One thing I failed to mention while angsting about religion a few weeks ago is that I really like the church we go to, just as a church. It's huge, but almost everyone I've met is friendly and kind and supportive. The priest gives interesting sermons; the music is lovely. So, you know, that's good.

Phoebe also got dressed up:



The head tilt/shoulder shrug has become automatic for her. What a ham.

This is just me messing around with my new camera and photo-editing. I have no eye for such things. I mean, I like these two:





...but I don't know if they're actually any good.

But speaking of good, I went to see Wicked last night with Claudia and Amy, and it was wonderful. Loved it. Would see it again.

You know, I haven't felt very bloggy lately, and I've realized that it's because I don't really like this new template. It just doesn't feel like me, and I don't like the two columns over on the side. I don't know when I'm going to have time to do anything about it, but stay tuned.

2 comments:

aimee said...

Thanks for the update. I get bored with nothing to read. :)

Anonymous said...

Mallory looked so grown-up. Was that a homemade cake?