Skip to main content

Favorite Things

 

This is kind of lame but I need to get it down on paper, as it were. For each of Mallory's birthday (up until last year) I've written down a list of "stats" -- weight, height, and favorites. I never got Mallory's 4th bday stats written down, and I haven't done one for Phoebe's first bday either. So I'm writing them down today, sorry it's not more interesting.

Mallory at 4
Weight: 52 lbs
Height: 42 inches
Favorite Toy: Jessie & Woody dolls
Favorite Movies: Monsters Inc., Toy Story 2
Favorite TV show: Max and Ruby; Oobi (She called noggin.com the "oobiputer")
Favorite Food: Bowtie pasta, ice cream
Favorite Song: Hand Jive ("Danny dances with Cha-cha"), B-O-O-T-S

Phoebe at 1
Weight: 29 lbs
Height: 31 inches
Teeth: 7
Hair: Light reddish brown
Eyes: Blue
Favorite Toy: Anything small and clutchable
Favorite Movie: Baby Shakespeare
Favorite TV Show: Sesame Street, Miffy
Favorite Song: The ABC Song, Elmo's Song, Woo-hoo
Favorite Food: Strawberry yogurt, pizza crusts

Whew. I can now cross this off my to-do list.

ART for the Day
Last weekend I caught Mallory coming up the stairs carrying a carton full of eggs. "Hey! Whoa! What are you doing? Go put those back right now!" I said.

"But Mommy, I need them!" she protested.

"For what?"

"For juggling," she said.

Of course. Posted by Picasa

Comments

aimee said…
Well, duh Mom. Of course they were for juggling! :)
H Noble said…
That's not boring. It makes me feel like I know them. And I love that she wants to learn to juggle with eggs. That says she's a go-getter kind of girl who doesn't let things get in her way. She's going to be somebody great someday!
H
Anonymous said…
I love it! Who would have thought to juggle eggs!! Oh, to be a kid again!

Popular posts from this blog

the closet

Amy has challenged me to list 8 things that are hidden in the back of my closet. I try not to actually look to closely at the back of my closet, so these are my closest guesses: 1. At least three no-longer-needed diaper bags. 2. An outfit that I've been meaning to return to Land's End for at least six months now. 3. One of our wedding pictures, which has a broken frame which I keep meaning to replace. 4. Shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes. 5. Possibly a pair of fuzzy slippers. I miss those fuzzy slippers. Maybe I should brave the mess and go try to find them. 6. Baby blankets. 7. A few small toys that I meant to stick in the girls' Christmas stockings. Maybe next year. 8. And I'm guessing, a bunch of mismatched socks. My closet isn't very interesting, I'm afraid.

The Golf Course

There was a miniature golf course in my grandparent’s house. There were, in fact, lots of cool-if-kitschy things in my grandparents’ house. There were swinging saloon doors between the kitchen and the master suite. There was a toilet seat made of transparent plastic, with ticket stubs from horse races embedded therein. There was a globe wine bar (pictured!). There was a mounted goat head (the goat was named Bucky) on whose antlers my granddad hung his golf caps. There was a stuffed pheasant whose chest feathers were smooth as silk. There was a kitchen bar of green marbled formica and swively kitchen chairs of red pleather. There was an automatic ice dispenser on the refrigerator, which was a rare and awe-inspiring thing in the 1970’s. There was a mirrored tray holding bejeweled perfume bottles with atomizers in the guest bathroom. There were two huge oil paintings – one of my aunt, with beautifully frosted hair, holding a Pug, one of my older sister as a toddler sitting on a John De...

A time to have no time

In the past four weeks, I've been to five Girl Scout events, not including regular troop meetings AND leaders' meetings. When I'm not at a Girl Scout event, I'm preparing for the next one. I'm sending emails to parents, collecting money for field trips, buying craft supplies, and researching service projects. When I'm not dealing with Girl Scouts, I'm dealing with school. I'm at PTO meetings, or organizing teacher's breakfasts, or buying canned goods for the Thanksgiving food drive. Or I'm helping with homework, or signing homework agendas or behavior charts, or sorting through the piles and piles of paper that come home every week. When I'm not dealing with school, I'm taking the kids to the pool, or the park, or trying to arrange playdates or slumber parties. Or I'm making muffins for the week's breakfast, or cookies for the week's desserts, or endlessly washing the little plastic containers I send back and forth each da...