11/14/08

Time is money

I bet you thought, when I said I'd be posting every day this month, that I'd be posting something of value every day. Ha! Fooled ya!

Anyway. As the year winds to a close, I find myself sitting on 7 vacation days. I definitely need two days for Christmas. I could take the others any time I wanted -- the week before Thanksgiving, for example, the better to make pies, or a few days in December, the better to go shopping while the children are in school. I could take a day to decorate the house for Christmas. You get the idea.

Or, I could cash in five days and, in essence, receive a bonus week's pay. Which would pretty much almost pay for the plane tickets I just bought.

Time? Money? Which would you choose?

2 comments:

aimee said...

Well, that is a hard one. I def. know which Seth would choose. But time off, I am sure, is worth it too because you can do all those things during the day with no kids and not too many crowds. So, I don't know. Not much help am I?

Anonymous said...

I don't know either. Sometimes a day by yourself before the holidays is worth more than money.

Mom