11/18/08

Two Years On...

and working from home with Phoebe in the house isn't much easier. Here's a snapshot of our day:

Phoebe: Mommy, what are you doing on your computer?

Me: I'm working.

Phoebe: Can I go on bluesclues.com?

Me: Not now, I'm working.

Phoebe: Can I go on cheetahgirls.com?

Me: Not now, I'm working.

Phoebe: Can I go on pixiehollow.com?

Me: Not now, I'm working.

Phoebe: But I really really want to see my pages!

Me: Honey, not now. Why don't you go do a puzzle?

Phoebe: O-kay.

(Moments later)

Phoebe: Where is my princess puzzle?

Me: Did you look in the puzzle cabinet?

Phoebe: It's not here!

Me: Which princess puzzle are you talking about?

Phoebe: The princess puzzle that I liked to play with when I was just a little girl!

Me: I am still not sure which one you mean.

Phoebe: The one I played with all next week!

Me: Yeah, that doesn't help me either.

(Later)

Phoebe: Mommy, I'm really hungry.

Me: Would you like some lunch?

Phoebe: No, I don't like any kind of lunch. I want a snack.

Me: How about some fruit?

Phoebe: Do you have strawberries?

Me: No.

Phoebe: Do you have waterlemon?

Me: Watermelon and strawberries are hard to find in winter, honey. I have grapes, apples, and bananas.

Phoebe: I know, could I have grapes cut up and bananas cut up and apples cut up in a bowl?

Me: A fruit salad?

Phoebe: Yeah! Fewoot salad!

Me: Okay. (Chops fruit) Here you go.

Phoebe: Yum!

(Later)

Phoebe: I don't want the grapes or the bananas.

Me: Then don't eat them.

Phoebe: But can you take them out of the bowl?

Me: (Sighs and complies)

Phoebe: Yum! Now I have an apple fewoot salad!

(Later)

Phoebe: Mommy, can I change my clothes?

Me: Why?

Phoebe: Because I need to! New clothes would be percfect for me.

Me: Okay, go pick something out.

(And here's where it would have been funny to insert a picture of the ridiculously mismatched outfit she picked out, but my camera battery is dead. Come back later!)

You get the idea. I'm still glad I get to spend the day with her.

Edited to add: It just snowed for, like, two minutes. Bizarre.

Also: Happy birthday to my mother-in-law!

3 comments:

aimee said...

A new outfit would be perfect for me! I love it!

Krista said...

And it actually is percfect -- that wasn't a typo, it's how she says it. And it's adorable.

H Noble said...

I don't know how you get anything done! :)

Tell her that I had an apple fruit salad today too! It was all the fruit I had left. Ha!